Gluten Free Kale & Leek Pie
At Lotus, we’ve perfected an All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix so you can create go-to gluten free staple recipes with ease. Combine these ingredients to make 3 cups of our Lotus All Purpose GF Flour Mix:
- 320g Lotus Organic Rice Flour
- 128g Lotus Organic Potato Flour
- 40g Lotus Organic Tapioca Flour
- 1 tsp Lotus Xanthan Gum
- 1 ½ cups Lotus All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix
- ½ tsp Lotus Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Lotus Fine Sea Salt
- 80g Cold butter, chopped
- 4 tbsp Cold milk
- 1 Large organic egg
- 1 Leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Kale, chopped finely
- 3 Organic eggs, lightly whisk
- 75g Goats cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan
- ½ cup Onion relish
- Salt and pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor until it forms a dough.
2. Wrap in glad wrap and let it set in the fridge for 30 mins.
3. Preheat oven to 170ºC. Heat oil in a large pan and sauté the sliced leek until tender, then add the kale until soft.
4. Allow to cool, then mix in the eggs, goat’s cheese, salt and pepper.
5. Roll out the pastry into a round pie pan, if the pastry breaks continue to press with the back of your fingers.
6. Using a fork pierce a few holes in the pastry then place a layer of baking paper with baking beans to blind bake for 10 mins. Set aside to cool.
7. Once cool, spread onion relish on the base of the pie and add the leek and kale filling. Spread
the parmesan on top. Place back into oven for 20 mins or until cooked thoroughly.